Searching for real estate in South Africa? We are pleased to welcome you to Real Estate South Africa, the home of all you need to know to go about searching and securing your South African Real Estate.
The real estate in South Africa is amongst some of the desirable in the world, with areas such as Bantry Bay, Clifton, Sandton and Llandudno, its little wonder that South Africa (Cape Town in particular) is fast becoming home to an ever increasing amount of foreign buyers.
Here’s our top 5 tips to get you started:
Buying Real Estate in South Africa
- Firstly use professional help. Remember estate agents in South Africa generally sell real estate, in other words they work for the seller – not you the buyer. As a buyer you need to instruct independent help and that means sourcing a Property Buyers Consultant.
- Make sure you are aware of all the costs involved with purchasing real estate in South Africa – additional costs can add up to 8%, on top of the purchase price of the real estate, so these needs to be budgeted for.
- Explore all possible areas and make sure you are comfortable with not just the property but all the surrounding local amenities.
- Never complete an offer to purchase without a buyers consultant and attorney input. Its a legally binding document that forms the basis for the purchase and sale. As such it needs to be treated with the severity and caution that any major purchase deserves.
- Have your own attorney. When buying real estate in South Africa its only required that one attorney is appointed to facilitate the transaction. In most other countries it is obligatory for both the seller of the real estate and the buyer to have their own attorneys. The logic here is indisputable – buyers need someone acting in their interests.
Commencing your search for real estate in South Africa
Commencing your search for real estate in South Africa could not be easier – simply contact us here and we will put you in touch with South Africa’s leading Property Buyers consultants.